April 19, 2024, 05:08:42 pre podne
Dobrodošli, Gost. Molim vas prijavite se ili se registrujte. Da niste izgubili svoj aktivacioni mejl?
419.090 poruka u 18.750 tema - 20.948 članova - Poslednji član: stefanl
X3MShop banner

Autor Tema: Aussie IFBB bb Gary Himing dies on stage.  (Pročitano 15641 puta)

Van mreže Master Blaster

• Član
Aussie IFBB bb Gary Himing dies on stage.
« poslato: Oktobar 18, 2009, 02:52:02 posle podne »
Ovo je današnja vest sa MD foruma i postovi nekih članova koji su prisustovali ovom takmičenju. :(

I think it was yesterday, my freind was at the IFBB comp in Victoria, and a guy, Gary Himing competing on the stage collapsed and had a heart attack.I think they were doing cpr and then the guy died in hospital.

It was in the over 50's division (masters)
Gary has been around the sport for a long, long time and any "old-school" Victorian bodybuilders would have seen him around the traps over the past 30yrs or so.
It would have to be over 10yrs since I have caught up with Gary and I was thrilled to see his name on the competitors list today.

Unfortunately Gary suffered a massive heat attack on stage and despite valiant efforts by IFBB staff and Paramedics for close to an hour at the venue, Gary passed away not long after being admitted to hospital.
It was the worst thing that I have ever seen at a bodybuilding show and I found it very distressing.

I find it amazing that the show continued on.
Everyone i have spokn to said they guy was dead on the stage everybody knew he was dead and he wasn't coming back, when they were doing compressions it would cause a pulse but when they stopped it would stop, thats a dead guy.

I say it was not handled correctly the show should have been stopped all together.

What a mess and a tragedy, also the guys family were not at the venue they arrived later to watch him compete to find "ohh we are sorry he is in hopspital now". But you can still meet ronnie coleman cause the show is still happening.

Should have stopped the show guys!